The Psychology of Money -- Book 2 Post 1
When I finished my summer internship one of my mentors handed me The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel. He said that this book is an essential read for anyone working in financial services. The book has also received great remarks throughout the industry since its publishing in 2020. I haven't had the opportunity to read for personal enjoyment since my internship ended, so I figured this assignment would be a great opportunity for me to read this.
Going into the read, I had no idea what it would be about. I didn't know if it would focus personal finance or corporate. I didn't even understand that psychology was a major part of financial decision making. Within the first few chapters of the book, Housel writes about the different experiences that people have that effect the way that they view and spend money. This has helped me understand the psychology behind money. A person's upbringing may really influence their relationship with money for the rest of their life. I am excited to keep reading the book to see what I keep learning about people's relationships with money.
Comments
Post a Comment